when does talonflame learn brave bird

Thank you for your interest in having the Marriland Pokédex updated to support Pokémon Scarlet & Violet! This has been something that Ive been wanting to update for awhile, and it is my current project to implement support for the new games and The Teal Mask DLC. Thank you for your patience as I work on this over the coming week or two!

This is the Marriland Pokédex page for Talonflame, showing its information and moves in Pokémon Sword & Shield. Talonflame is not available in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl and cannot be used in or sent to those versions.

Moves learnt by HM

In Pokémon X, Talonflame works well with these Hidden Machines.

HM Move Type Cat. Power Acc.
02 Fly Flying 90 95

Moves learnt by TM

In Pokémon X, Talonflame is compatible with these Technical Machines.

TM MovesHere are all of the moves that Talonflame can learn via TM (Technical Machine). These moves can be taught an unlimited number of times once the TM is obtained.

TM Move Type Category Power Acc.% PP Target Info
TM06 FlyCant be hit on the first turn, attacks on the second turn. FLYING 90 95% 15 One Target
TM08 Hyper BeamRequires a turn to recharge (unless it misses). NORMAL 150 90% 5 One Target
TM09 Giga ImpactRequires a turn to recharge (unless it misses). NORMAL 150 90% 5 One Target
TM11 Solar BeamCharges for a turn, attacks on the second turn. No charge time in the sun; half damage in the rain. GRASS 120 100% 10 One Target
TM13 Fire SpinTraps the target for 4–5 turns, preventing them from switching or fleeing and also doing 1/8 max HP after every turn. FIRE 35 85% 15 One Target
TM21 RestTalonflame restores its HP to full and falls asleep for two turns. PSYCHIC 10 User
TM23 ThiefDamages the target and steals its held item. DARK 60 100% 25 One Target
TM24 SnoreCan only be used while asleep. 30% chance of making the target flinch. NORMAL 50 100% 15 One Target
TM25 ProtectProtects Talonflame from attacks for a turn. Low chance of working on consecutive turns. NORMAL 10 User
TM30 Steel WingHas a 10% chance of raising Talonflames Defense by one stage. STEEL 70 90% 25 One Target
TM31 AttractInfatuates Pokémon of the opposite gender. NORMAL 100% 15 One Target
TM34 Sunny DayChanges the weather to sunny for 5 turns. FIRE 5 Entire Field
TM38 Will-O-WispBurns the target. FIRE 85% 15 One Target
TM39 FacadeDoes double damage if Talonflame is poisoned, burned, or paralyzed. NORMAL 70 100% 20 One Target
TM40 SwiftDoesnt miss all nearby enemies. NORMAL 60 20 Nearby Enemies
TM56 U-turnForces Talonflame to switch out after dealing damage. BUG 70 100% 20 One Target
TM76 RoundDeals double damage if Round has already been used and causes any other Pokémon using Round to use it immediately afterward. NORMAL 60 100% 15 One Target
TM78 AcrobaticsDamage is doubled if Talonflame has no held item when this attack hits. FLYING 55 100% 15 One Target

FAQ

Is Brave Bird a good move for Talonflame?

The best moves for Talonflame are Fire Spin and Brave Bird when attacking Pokémon in Gyms.

Can Talonflame learn flamethrower?

Pokemon Omega Ruby They put out a defender thinking you are using a physical move and WHAM, Overheat. For the surprise factor, yeah, but the thing is that Talonflame doesn’t have the Special Attack to run special moves, namely Flamethrower as everyone uses him to spam prioritised Brave Birds.

How does Talonflame learn Flare Blitz?

According to Bulbapedia, Talonflame can only learn Flare Blitz (and also Brave Bird) by Move Reminder, so bring Heart Scales and head to Colosseum Marketplace.