The IUCN SSC Climate Change Specialist Group has four key objectives:
1. Design a strategy to help the SSC respond to climate change impacts on biodiversity
2. Develop the ongoing work on species’ susceptibility to climate change into IUCN guidelines to inform conservation actions
3. Provide information and recommendations about enhancing species conservation under climate change, with a view to ensuring that biodiversity concerns remain central
4. Promote coordination of climate change responses between SSC Specialist Groups, SSC partner organizations and other IUCN Program areas
- Develop IUCN guidelines for best practices on species vulnerability assessment and adaptation for use by the IUCN membership.
- Design a strategy to help the SSC respond to climate change impacts.
- Incorporate ongoing work on species’ vulnerability to climate change into IUCN guidelines to inform conservation actions.
- Ensure that the overall IUCN Program of Work on climate change retains the central importance of biodiversity concerns.
DOWNLOAD OUR LATEST GUIDLINES
You can download our latest guidelines “IUCN SSC Guidelines for Assessing Species’ Vulnerability to Climate Change” by clicking the button below: